Table of Content
- 1 All you need to know about frappé coffee
- 2 Coffee Frappé
- 3 Cinnamon Coffee Frappé
All you need to know about frappé coffee
What would happen if you combined coffee and ice cream? The result is Frappé Coffee. This delicious treat was created by the team at Starbucks and is now being sold in over 2,500 stores across the US.
Frappé is a French term meaning “to beat or blend together”. In this case, it means combining hot espresso with cold milk and whipped cream.
Starbucks has been experimenting with new flavors since 2011. They’ve come up with some pretty interesting combinations, such as Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and even Caramel Macchiato.
What is a Frappe Coffee?
A Frappe coffee is a drink made with espresso, milk and topped off with whipped cream, ice cream or sprinkles. This is one of the most popular drinks in the world! A frappe coffee is also called a “Café au Lait” or simply, just a cappuccino!
What is in a frappe coffee?
The most typical combination is espresso mixed with steamed milk. It could also be made with a double shot of espresso plus cold milk (which is called an Italiano) or hot milk and/or cream. More recently, Frappuccino® has become more popular, which features two shots with ice blended into the ice cream base for an icy cool beverage. However, Frappuccino®, unlike Frappé® coffee, does not include any real whipped topping so feel free to replace them with additional flavors such as vanilla and chocolate.
Why is it called a frappe?
According to Urban Dictionary: “a frappe” was coined as an acronym for the phrase “freshly brewed coffee flavored with sweetened condensed milk.” The term originally referred to the combination of such coffee and chocolate syrup but has evolved into its current meaning.
Is frappe real coffee?
Yes! Frappe is 100% real coffee. In fact, it’s even stronger than regular drip coffee. Most Starbucks® coffees contain only 20-30 percent pure coffee beans. Frappe contains nearly 50% (45%) of the total weight of the blend.
How to make frappe coffee at home?
- 1 Coffee Frinder
- 1 Stainless Steel Bowl for bowling the water
- 1 cup Starbucks®Original Coffee Ground Roasted
- 2 cups Cold Steamed Milk
- Whipped Cream Optional
- Ice Cream Optional
- Step One: Brew your favorite roastcoffee using our simple instructions. This will yield approximately 1½ C. ofcoffee grounds. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Step Two: Warm cold steamed milkover medium heat until steaming. Remove from heat and pour into another mediumbowl. Set aside.
- Step Three: Stir together coffeegrounds and cold steamed milk, and then pour a small amount of coffee mixtureinto a large measuring cup. Fill up to 6oz with remaining 1¾ C. coffee. Blendwell by hand or in a blender. Use caution while blending.
- Step Four: Allow coffee mix to cool slightly then add half and half until desired consistency is reached. Next, gradually stir in sweetener until desired sweetness level is achieved. Finally, prepare frothed milk by whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into coffee mix. Sprinkle with sugar, or alternatively serve plain. Serve topped with optional garnished pieces of ice cream. Makes approx.
Deprecated: _register_controls is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use Elementor\Controls_Stack::register_controls() instead. in /home/u113343520/domains/thecoffeeweb.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323
Cinnamon Coffee Frappé
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup bold double shot espresso Starbucks™ OriginalRoast Coffee Ground black beans only
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 6 oz milk
- whipped cream
- 3 cube ice
- Blend espresso, cinnamon and ice
- Pour milk in the blender
- Blend until the mix become smooth
- Pour on a cup and add some sugar
- Top with whipped cream while serving
How much caffeine is in frappe coffee?
The amount of caffeine contained in frappe coffee depends partly on the brand of espresso coffee used to make them. The caffeine content ranges from 35 to 60mg per 12 ounces of made frappes.
Are Frappes Good for You?
Not really. They contain artificial flavorings and color. But they do provide caffeine. Since caffeine has been associated with cardiovascular health benefits, some think having a Frappe regularly could be good for your heart. However, most experts advise against drinking Frappes in large quantities to improve cardiovascular health because they are loaded with calories and fat. So stick to small amounts every day
Where can I find Frappé Coffee?
Frappé Coffee is found across America in all Starbucks stores. In addition to their standard Frappés, many locations offer Frappé drinks using non-traditional flavor profiles such as Pumpkin Pie Latte, French Vanilla and Mango Ginger. Frappée can also be purchased separately from participating grocery chains or online via the Starbucks store locator.