New Orleans Coffee
New Orleans in well-known for many unique and delicious food, including its famous Café Noir! It has a special chocolate-caramel flavor, a thick consistency, and an intensely black color. The secret ingredient is chicory, which is a substance made from the dried and roasted roots of bitter perennial herb.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- Drip coffee maker
- 4 tbsp (20 g) of ground coffee
- 2 tbsp of chicory
- 4 cups of water
- Sugar to taste
- Step up your drip coffee maker in a way so that you can add the boiling water manually (for most coffee makers, that would be to rotate the brewing basket to the side and placingthe pot underneath it).
- Run some water through the coffee filter to get rid of any paper flavor that could ruin the coffee taste
- Place the coffee and chicory into the filter in the brewing basket.
- Boil the water, then add ½ a cup at a time to the coffee grounds and wait for it to drip through, until you used all 4 cups of water.
- Serve while hot and add sugar &/or milk to taste!
Serving: 1gCalories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 2gFat: 18gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 15mgPotassium: 110mg